The art of body decoration using tattoos is a part of human culture since ages, and in this technique, the ink is placed beneath the top layer of the skin or into the superficial or mid-dermis layer. Nowadays, cosmetic tattoos are also administered as a substitute of the liner, to replace the lost eyebrows, cover birthmarks and scars. Sometimes, tattooing also occurs as a result of injury or trauma to the skin. If someone is at the tattoo regret phase and unhappy with the appearance of their tattoos, or the tattoo has become blurred or faded, then laser tattoo removal can provide promising results. The laser used for tattoo removal in Delhi at Dermaworld Skin Clinic is the safest and one of the most preferred tattoo removal techniques. The technique is bloodless and effective for removing complex, stronger, and any types of tattoos.
Many people use salt, salabrasion, sandpaper, and also opt for other traditional methods to get rid of tattoos, but all these methods can result in bleeding, necrosis of tissues, inflammation, loss of skin pigmentation, and scarring in the treated area. These destructive methods must not be performed to remove tattoos as they also pose a significant risk of causing skin infection and hypertrophic scarring.
How does laser remove tattoo? (The mechanism)
The wavelength emitted by the laser passes through the skin and breaks up the tattoo ink present underneath the skin, and this method is performed in a staged manner.
Different wavelengths of laser are used to break the different colors of the ink. The dark (black) tattoo ink is the easiest to remove. The laser works by breaking the ink pigment by targeted-intensity light beam that removes the tattoo without leaving the scars behind. Numerous sessions are required to remove the multicolored tattoos.
At Dermaworld Skin Clinics we use Active Q-Switched laser which consists of three types of lasers, including Nd:YAG, Alexandrite, and Ruby. Each type of laser provides with impressive results and targets different color using different wavelength. This method does not cause harm to the skin.
The removal of tattoos requires the study of absorbance characteristic of the tattooed skin, and the use of dermal clearing agents and the pulse duration of lasers to achieve the desired results.
1. The area to be treated is cleaned, and the numbing cream or local anesthetic is administered.
2. The eye shields are provided to protect the eyes.
3. The pulse of laser energy is applied to the tattoo and it shatters the tattoo ink.
4. In the case of multicolored tattoos, different lasers and wavelengths are delivered to remove them.
5. The lasers break the ink particles, and the body's immune system removes the ink particles using the phagocytosis process.
5. Immediately after the treatment, ice-pack is applied to soothe the treated area.
6. Antibiotic ointment and bandages are applied to protect the treated area.
* This method only removes the target structures and does not cause any damage to the surrounding tissues.
* Repeated sessions are required as per the length, type, and pigments present in the tattoo.
ALL CLINICS CLOSED ON SUNDAY
Aftercare precautions are critical to ensure successful laser tattoo removal, and this helps the body to heal faster after each treatment.
Healing is completed after 4-10 days after the treatment, depending upon the aftercare and the level of treatment provided. If the aftercare is not appropriately provided it can result in a change in skin texture, infection, and unwanted side effects may occur.
Side effects of laser tattoo removal treatment
Every medical treatment is associated with some side effects, and if the treatment is provided by expert hands, then the occurrence of any side effects are minimal to none. In small tattoos, they are negligible.
Results and benefits of laser tattoo removal treatment